EonCoat CUI is ideal for insulated tanks and pipelines. Statistical data for the oil and gas industry shows that 40-60% of pipe maintenance budgets are related to corrosion under insulation (CUI). This application is so difficult because of the constant wetting and drying as well as high temperatures which accelerate corrosion. In addition to being easy to apply EonCoat has been shown more effective than all other products in CUI applications. Read this blog post to see why EonCoat CUI is better than Polymeric Coating Systems
EonCoat CUI works by alloying the surface of the metal with an, especially high-temperature iron phosphate composition. The ceramic which forms on top is also extremely temperature-resistant – over 800C. This Chemically Bonded Phosphate Ceramic will repair any damage to the alloy layer by leaching phosphate onto the substrate. The coating can be applied in most atmospheric conditions. While we recommend application to steel while at ambient temperature, we have been able to successfully apply to elevated temperature steel using special methods (contact EonCoat to discuss).
What makes EonCoat CUI different?
This formula was designed to withstand temperatures of 450°C (842°F). EonCoat CUI Coating was designed to hold up to alternating extreme temperature and constant wetting and salt while providing maximum protection against rust & corrosion. Here are some of the benefits of using EonCoat CUI Coating over any other coating.
- Unmatched Corrosion Protection – EonCoat’s Corrosion Protection technology outperforms the alternatives by wide margins. See the Chevron and NASA test data or test yourself by requesting a sample. This means fewer service intervals and less downtime.
- Cure Times – In under 15 minutes EonCoat CUI is completely cured. No more waiting around for paint to dry.
- 1 Coat System – No need for multiple coats. Fewer coats mean faster application and less work.
How to apply EonCoat CUI Coating?
- Grit Blast Carbon Steel to NACE 3 / SSPC-SP 6
- Pressure wash the surface to remove any grit or debris
- Use a Dual Component Pump or equivalent that sprays at a 1:1 ratio.
- Spray EonCoat CUI to a thickness of 25 mils or greater
- Wait 15 minutes and inspect for proper thickness and application.
A simple process that can be accomplished quickly.