How it all started.
During the 1990s, Argonne National Laboratory/University of Chicago developed Chemically bonded phosphate ceramics (CBPCs) to be a long-term (thousands of years) binder for radioactive and hazardous wastes. The ceramics had mostly nuclear plant and military applications until serial-entrepreneur Tony Collins read Dr. Arun Wagh’s book, “Chemically Bonded Phosphate Ceramics.” Collins contracted with Argonne, directing the research towards commercial applications while purchasing its commercial technology rights. The ongoing research led to the creation of EonCoat.
Where are we now?
EonCoat is headquartered in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina. EonCoat is a technology company and not a paint merchant. We manufacture and sell its patented EonCoat® anti-corrosive coating to large industrial customers & distributors throughout the world. The company is focused on preventing corrosion on a global scale, and the company works with corporations & distributors worldwide.
Who runs EonCoat?
Tony Collins – Founder & Chief Executive Officer of EonCoat, LLC. Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Merrick Alpert – President of EonCoat, LLC and a member of the Board of Directors.
Sameer Patel – Lead Scientist at EonCoat, LLC.
Carlos DeOro – Operations & Marketing Manager
Many groups have tested EonCoat over the years. The testing has resulted in global use and many awards. Below are a few.
- NASA’s Technology Evaluation for Environmental Risk Mitigation proved EonCoat to be one of the world’s best corrosion protection coatings. For more information on that study click here.
- Columbia Analytical Services confirms our coatings have no VOCs and no HAPs.
- UL testing confirms – No flash point and zero flame spread rating.
- Weldon Laboratories, Inc. confirms that EonCoat has 19% Ductility, more than sufficient for all steel.
- EuroCorr 2018 said “the future of corrosion protection has changed. Watch the video here.
- Chevron wrote a paper after extensive research titled “Chevron’s Use of EonCoat® To Prevent Corrosion On Steel”
- Building Green listed us in their “Top 10 Green Building Products of 2012”
- In 2015 EonCoat received the prestigious “NACE Corrosion Innovation of the Year Award”